Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seasons Greetings

I'm so glad I live in the Midwest!  Even though I complain about the weather 75% of the time!  I don't think I could handle one season.  Here we get all four seasons, sometimes within one week!  I love that I can still wake up to go to work and look at my phone and there can be a text saying it's a late start due to the bad weather!  It's like that Christmas morning feeling you had as kids, but for adults!!  I love that I can  could get off work and go ride throughout most of the year.  I love the fall colors.  I love the spring storms (until the house starts whistling... then I realize this is real life, not a tv show!!).  I love the summer nights.  I get sick of the hot weather and then I think, hey at least I didn't have to scrape my windows.  Then I get sick of the cold weather and think hey, at least I'm not sweating just walking outside to get the mail!

I like both extremes and can't imagine living in a place without one or the other.  I would get bored.  I can't imagine having next to zero possibility for snow on Christmas morning.  I love the unexpected, rapidly changing weather we get here.

I am thankful for what many people use as an excuse not to live here-- and maybe that is why I'm most thankful for it!?

Storm Rollin' In

Summer Nights

Winter Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment