Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another Close One

I almost forgot to write tonight!! 

I'm thankful for books. I went through a phase (called school) where I didn't like to read. The closest thing to reading for pleasure I got to was my sister's horse magazines. And then I took a summer job where I worked from before sunrise to after dark and did very little actual work. It was a game of hurry up and wait. And then work your tush off for ~12 minutes before you were back to waiting. 

Believe it or not, I could only sleep so many hours in a day, or maybe the extreme heat made it impossible for me to sleep??  And so I started reading. I don't know how many books I read that summer. Ma would pick some up for me and I would run to the library and pick a handful out whenever I had the chance. 

I don't read as much as I did that summer, I spend more of my time outside or inside quilting and cleaning than reading. And then I'll find a really great book that I just can't put down!! And that is way better than any tv show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment