Friday, June 20, 2014

Week Recap

I really need to blog from home one of these days so I can get pictures added to some posts.

This week has been full of rain and trips to the local muffler shop for us. 

I woke up one morning to rain pounding the windows.  I looked at the radar and it was pretty much pure red.  I zoomed out and decided it was sticking around awhile, so I put a pillow over my head.  LR text me just then saying she and the cat were scared.  We chatted a bit and then I went back to sleep until my alarm went off.  I got up and looked out the window and discovered one of our trees in our windbreak had broken.  I was hesitant to go look at the porch.  Since I didn't think the storm was going to hit us I hadn't moved anything out of the wind.  Surprisingly, nothing had moved. 

Three of our five vehicles had to be taken to the muffler shop for various reasons.  Flat tire, new muffler, something was plugged, a/c, who really knows what else. 

Wednesday we I decided to road trip a couple hours for stall fronts for the barn.  DJ was almost impressed!!  Either he thought they were a pretty good deal or he doesn't trust me pulling a trailer, cuz he went with me.  We stopped at a little bar on the way home and had their pizza.  Last time we stopped there, RAGBRAI was going through town so the place was a mad house.  This time it was almost as crazy!  We stuffed ourselves and headed home.

We've gotten over two inches of rain (that's only from when I actually remember to look...) this week and my flowers are loving it.  They are not so much loving the wind that tends to come with the rain. 

Looks like the weekend is full of rain too, so maybe I'll get something accomplished inside?? 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment