Monday, August 27, 2012

Years in the Making

I finally got around to taking pictures of my "big" project!  I lost the charger to one camera and the other one was dead so I took them with my iPhone.  They're not the best, and maybe sometime when I remember to plug the camera in I can get better ones!  With help from JT, PB, SH, and DJ I was able to get it done relatively quickly!  It was really simple to do as well.  The door came from the rental.  I can't remember which door it was... maybe the bedroom.  I don't know if it was an original door or not, but the rental was built in the 1800's and with as many layers of paint that JT and I had to scrape off, I'd be willing to bet it was original!!  That was definitely the hardest part of the project!! I was probably going to put another coat of paint on in the end, but when I spilled the paint everywhere and broke the can, that changed my mind quickly!!  Whoops. 

Here's the finished product.  Okay, almost finished... I have to put the door knob back on yet! 

Here's a closer look at each shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment