Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Recap

We had a busy weekend at the SHITMON.  It started out by pouring concrete on Friday afternoon about 3:30.  We have a handy friend or two and we were eating by 7pm that night. I personally didn't do much-- I handed a few items to people and kept the dogs and myself out of the way!  Once they finished, we had some smoked meats and drinks for everyone.


Saturday we worked around the house.  Char and I put some flowers in the ground while DJ worked on the tiling and dirt work.  We headed into town to see some friends before Char made us some bruschetta.  We got some pizza and a movie to go with it and called it a night.

Sunday DJ got up and mowed while Char and I slept in.  Once he finished we moved hay around and delivered it to his longtime customer.  We also pulled out a few dead trees that needed replaced.  We wound up at the neighbors for supper.  We got back home and DJ went in to cleanup for bed while I went out to do chores.  I watered all my flowers and then headed toward the barn when I discovered that we have mulberries growing!  
I'm not sure how I've lived there for over four years and haven't discovered this before!!  I ate all of them that were ripe or close to ripe.  I stopped on my way back from the barn just to make sure I didn't miss any.  My summer has been made!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment