Friday, January 3, 2014

Moving On

The person who hit UC lives close to us. I drive by their house quite frequently. I think of him every time I do. The car that hit him goes by our house often. I think of him whenever I see it.  
As wrong as I'm sure it is, I get mad. I wish he was here. He would be cuddling with me right now. I wouldn't be typing this blog. I wouldn't be crying. Dammit. I wonder if they think about him when they drive by. I wonder if they ever think about him. About us. I wish they knew him.
 It's been almost 7 months and I'm not sure it's gotten easier. Sure,we have MC, but he's not UC. As much as I love MC, that part of me that UC made complete is still missing. I wish UC was here to help us with MC.  I'm sure he's up there watching us and laughing when MC wakes us up in the middle of the night to go outside. Or as he's randomly puking in our bedroom...
JW still misses him too. He gets along with MC, but he's completely over the active puppy thing! So tonight, as much as DJ hates it, I'm letting both of them in bed. To cuddle. And comfort me. I'm pretty sure JW knows when I'm having a rough day. He doesn't like to leave my side. 
We miss our friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment