Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Suck-You-Lent

It's only been a day or two since I last wrote, right?!  Right.  I tried something new this year with my black green thumb.  Succulents.  My neighbor gave me a couple jars this spring and I knew I wanted to try an atrium.  And when I told her what I was thinking, she said she had some succulents I could use.  And then we went to the greenhouse and I couldn't help but buy a few more, which I don't have pictures of yet.  It has nothing to do with the fact that they are still in the pots I bought them in...

Here was one of my original jars with not the plants I had planned on putting inside!  Turns out that hole is much smaller than I thought.  I couldn't fit the plant and my hand both in the hole.  It got stuck with the small leftovers.  They may or may not have died already, leaving the jar sitting on the deck with just dirt in it.  You'll never know!


Little baby jar

I sent my neighbor a picture of the first one I did, which I think I put a picture on here, but really it's hard telling at this point. She said she had a bowl I could use for another.  I picked it up and instantly thought of a few of my friends that I thought would love the bowl.  So I put something together in it.  I can't tell for sure if the little evergreen tree is going to make it or not-- it definitely wasn't that green when I gave her the bowl...


OS's birfday present

No comments:

Post a Comment