Friday, December 28, 2012

Family Tradition

For many years now, I've said that it isn't Christmas with our family until someone cries.  It's been me.  It's been a sister.  It's been ma.  It's been more than one of us!  It's always a surprise as to who it will be.  

A few years ago, I started it and there was a chain reaction.  I mean popping bubble wrap leads to things being thrown, which leads to a cast iron skillet landing on my foot.  Leading to me laughing so hard I cry and then somehow that turns into me crying over JDB, whom had passed a few months prior.  Naturally, this is a chain reaction and tears start flowing all over the room.  

There was no alcohol involved.  Promise.  Ha!

This year we were all gathered in the living room opening presents.  MS was opening her last one.  It was a quilt I made her.  Cue: tears.  I start laughing asking why she's crying.  (Apparently that is what I do when I cause people to cry-- ask them why they are crying!!)  She loved it.  I told her it was terrible, but she didn't listen.  I told her to use it for her photographs for babies.  She said no, she's saving it for her first.  I already told her I'd make him one once I know what I'm doing!!  

And that's when I knew it was Christmas!! 

I didn't take a picture of it, so I'll have to see if I can get one from her to put on here.  There was more tears later, again, no alcohol involved.  Ever.  ;) 

And so we put another Christmas story in the books!!  Hope you all carried on your family traditions as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment