Friday, September 2, 2016

State Fair

Work gave me a ticket to the state fair.  I found a friend to meet up with and off we went.

Did I mention they also gave me food tickets?  As did my sister and a friend...I ended up with $40 dollars worth of food tickets.  Game on fair.  Game.  On.

I started off slowly, with an option on the healthy list-- the taco at the Turkey Federation.  I ate it before I remembered to take a picture.  It was delicious.

I went to the best lemonade joint there is, down by the horse, sheep, and pig barns.

From there, there was no holding back.  Peter showed up and we tag-teamed our way right through that $40.

There were Grater Taters:

Cheese curds. (again, devoured before a picture was taken)

A pineapple whip thing:

Egg rolls and crab rangoon (I can skip those next year)

A steak wrap from Cattlemen's (amazing):

Followed by two more lemonades to take home.

There may have been an adult beverage or two mixed in there as well...

I did manage to see a few things while eating my way through the fair.  Like the biggest bull:

and baby ostriches:

This little guy may or may not have came home with me. 

Okay, so I didn't see a lot besides food...  next year I'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment