Sunday, July 20, 2014

Will It Do?

I thought I posted the romantic story of our engagement, but looking back to find the link, apparently I have not. 

Just a warning, you guys might need to break out the tissues for this one. 

We went back to Ma and Pa's for Christmas and then came back to the SHITMON.  DJ opened his presents and we went about our normal lives.  My goal over my "Christmas Break" from work was to clean the house.  The day after Christmas, I was working on cleaning the office.  DJ said he was going to go fuel up the skid-steer so it was ready to go for the next snow.  Alright, see ya later.

He calls a bit later and told me that since he's already half way there, he's just going to go pick up my ring.

Uhh... okay??

He comes back and comes inside and goes back out.  I keep cleaning.  After a bit I go out to the kitchen and see he had set the bag on the counter.  Hmm...

I go back to cleaning.  He comes in and out a few more times.  I eventually go back to the kitchen and was sitting at the bar.

He comes back in and asks if I had looked at it.  Uhh... no, I don't think that's how it's supposed to work.  He asked if I wanted to and I just kinda looked at him and was like well yeah?!  He grabs the bag and pulls out the box and hands it to me.  "Will it do?"  Between giggles I was able to muster out a yeah.  I put it on and then he said he had to go push snow and left.

There was no "Will you marry me?" or anything of the sort.  I just took a picture of it and sent it to the family and let them assume what they wanted!!



No comments:

Post a Comment